Microsoft Exchange 2016 Standard User CAL | Open License | 381-04398
Microsoft Exchange 2016 Standard | Open License USER CAL | 381-04398
- Supports 1 User / 1 Device
- Digital Delivery / 1-2 Business Days Estimated Delivery Time (as long as orders are placed between 9-6pm Monday-Friday)
- Runs On Windows Server 2012r2 or higher
- 1 Installation
- Licensed for Home and Commercial Use
- Open Business Licensing
- Minimum of 5 CAL's required or $30 Microsoft activation fee to start a new Open Licensing agreement.
- FREE TECH SUPPORT BY YOUR #1 SOFTWARE DUDES!
- The program is designed for businesses with between two and 250 that purchase licenses on an as-needed basis as opposed to buying in bulk.
- This version of exchange has the latest security measures in place to make communication a very safe endeavor, especially since more people are using tablets, laptops and cell phones to send emails as opposed to exclusively sending them while working on a PC.
- Exchange 2016 has data loss prevention with more sensitive information types and enhanced auditing for better reporting and easier integration with third-party apps.
SERVER CAL's AND DIFFERENCES:
Each exchange client that can use a mail server must have a Client Access License (CAL). As earlier, this license doesn’t need to be activated on a client computer or a server, i.e. this is just a paper (legal) license necessary for a client to legally use the Exchange functionality. Any user or device that uses the server need a separate license. As earlier, you can purchase “per user” or “per device” licenses. When choosing the license type, consider the specifics of your business.
CAL also have two types: Standard and Enterprise CAL, having quite significant differences. To use an Enterprise license you also need to purchase a Standard CAL. The differences in CAL features in Exchange 2016 are shown in the table below:
|Feature||Standard CAL||Standard CAL + Enterprise CAL|
|E-mail, calendar, contacts and tasks||Yes||Yes|
|OWA (Outlook Web App)||Yes||Yes|
|Outlook applications and Outlook on the web||Yes||Yes|
|Role-based access control (RBAC) capabilities||Yes||Yes|
|Journaling||Per database||Per user|
|Retention policies||Default and custom||Default and custom|
|Data loss prevention (DLP)||No||Yes|
|Information protection and control: transport protection rules, Outlook protection rules, Information Right Management search||No||Yes|
|Mobile device management policies (Exchange ActiveSync)||Default||Extended|