Thank you for your purchase of Microsoft Remote Desktop CALs from your #1 software dudes!
*ONCE ACTIVATED OR REGISTERED, DIGITAL PRODUCTS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE*
Your licensing information for Remote Desktop CALs has been submitted to Microsoft and will be released in 12-24 hours.
While You Wait – Ensure Your Server is Prepared for Remote Desktop:
The Remote Desktop / Terminal Role Services must be installed. If you already have these roles installed, skip to Section 3.
Section 1: Check Compatibility
- If you've purchased RDS User CALs, your server must be joined to a domain, as User CALs cannot be tracked in workgroup mode.
- Join an existing domain
- Instructions - Install Active Directory Domain Services & Best Practices
- If you don't want to join the server to a domain, you can install as Device CALs once licensing is received.
Section 2: Installing the Roles
- Open Server Manager. To open Server Manager, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager. Or search “Server Manager” in the Start menu.
- On the top right section of the server manager window, select “Manage”. Then select the option to ""Add Roles and Features"" from the drop-down menu.
- On the “Installation Type” window, select ""Role-based or feature-based installation."" Click Next.
- Select the server you would like to install the Remote Desktop Session Role on. Click Next.
- In the Server Roles section, select ""Remote Desktop Services"".
- In the Roles Services Section, select ""Remote Desktop Licensing"" and ""Remote Desktop Session Host"", click Next
- Check the box to “Restart the destination server automatically if required”. Click Yes. Click Install.
Section 3: Configure the policy
For info, please refer here: RDS CAL - Group_Policy_Config.pdf
Congratulations! Your Remote Desktop/Terminal Service licenses are installed and ready for your licensing which will arrive shortly.